Sunday, March 23, 2014

March!

Let's just jump in, shall we?

These are all from March. I will post little tidbits from the other parts of our winter as I keep you updated. I know, based on the overwhelming friend requests on Instagram and Facebook, that you have been just about to DIE from lack of Fischer children updates. (that's gentle sarcasm, folks)

So, we have had roughly one million snow days this winter. Seven, to be exact, with ten two-hour delay days and another delay or snow day headed our way this week. Yes, it's the third week in MARCH. It's super crazy. Here's what we were doing this time last year, and the year before that. And while we're at it, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007....gosh I've been doing this for a long time. And if you actually click those links, you'll notice a pattern....we see a LOT of Beeda during March. Hello spring break! And yay lifelong friends with lots of airline points!
 

I'm totally drinking the STEM koolaid. The girls did some physics experiments and then we bought a marble run set which is SO FUN. Oh, and we saw some hippos.
 

See! Beeda! She and Katie hit it off right away and had a great time jamming at Play Class. Yes, there is a class called play class and I totally pay for us to go there. It's totally worth it, too, because it's clean and lovely and (most importantly) NOT located inside our home. It's been a long winter, y'all.
 

We also went to the zoo with Beeda where Bree learned that orangutans are endangered and why. She was very concerned about them and made a poster to teach others why palm oil is bad. Bree has such a sweet and caring heart! Also those are probably the cutest primates ummmm EVER.

Do you want to hear something a little ridiculous? Bree does track. Okay, that's not ridiculous. But that she does track, tennis, dance, piano and Daisies is a little much. I know it's excessive. But she LOVES all those things and she sleeps GREAT and we're finally in an area where cool stuff of high standards is everywhere and I can't help myself. Sign up for all the things!
Ooh and Carly started softball this week, too! I'm so super excited about being OUTSIDE when the weather is nice! Her coach is great and the girls on her team are great. This is the first year they keep score, and do team rankings. Carly's excited to make progress like last year. Who knew I'd love kids and sports so much???
Yesterday we went to this cool twilight (as in the time of day) camping experience with a couple of friends. You will notice my big sad empty striped blanket while my kids abandoned me for their friends. 

AND AND AND!!!! We're getting a newphew in August!!!
I'm so excited. SO EXCITED! You should have seen Pete's face when those blue baloons came out - seriously the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time.

No comments: