1. What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you? One time I was flying alone with Carly - I think she was 18 months old - and she saw an ice cream place in the airport as we were on our way to the restroom. She proceeded to throw a GIANT fit and I just kept walking even though people were staring - this was back before I understood that most people know that little kids throw fits and that people rarely judge the parents of said kids unless those parents are also throwing fits. Anyway, a few minutes later, Carly had clean drawers and was calmed down, and we were in line to buy some juice, and an older couple stopped to tell me they thought I'd done a good job right then. It was so nice! Ever since then I've tried to make a point of telling other parents when I think they're doing great - who knew how important that would be to hear?
2. If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?
Luckily, this is rarely a problem for me. =) However, if I'm worried about something I will make a list. Or do yoga if I didn't get enough exercise throughout the day or read if I just need to check out for a while. Sometimes I'll imagine a blank room and make a party in it. =)
3. Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again.
Naptime! I WISH someone would make me go to bed and sleep in the middle of the day!
4. What is something you never believed until you experienced it?
Other than the obvious thing about how much I love my kiddos, it would be how freaking COOL the Grand Canyon is. Or that it would be possible for a marriage to survive an entire YEAR of being apart, or that I could be a size X. Hahah, I sure would like to experience that last one again...I'm on the way! But it takes so much longer than going the other direction. =) =)
5. What can’t you say “no” to? Adventures!