Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our GIANT Adventure!

For which I have exactly three pictures.

This is due to two things: 1) My phone battery died. Unprepared, I know. It's embarrassing. and 2) I wouldn't have had time to take many pictures anyway because wrangling three children (even if one spends most of her day in an Ergo) in a crowded museum, crowded public transportation you're not used to, and crowded city you've been to only once and then with a guide, is crazy.

 It takes octopus arms and spidey senses and I can't wait to go again!

We drove to Newark, took the Newark Penn train to NYC Penn Station, took the E train to midtown and walked a block to MoMA...reverse trip for the way back home. SO super easy. No transfers, not too, too crowded and the weather was perfect.

Paul, however, was less than excited about our adventures. I had told him where we were going, but he was rushing out the door and I think he assumed I meant the Philadelphia museum (which is located, as my sister pointed out, in a city with a much higher crime rate, by the way), and when I texted him to let him know we were coming home from Newark he freaked out exhibited concern and made me promise to take someone else with me next time I go. It's hard to explain how it would be a lot more difficult to navigate all the maze of everything and tend to the needs of my three perpetually starving kids if I'm having to run my plans by another adult every fifteen minutes, but what can you do.

So, we're taking applications for NY trip chaperones companions

We need someone flexible, patient, fun, adventurous, with a great sense of humor because you'll need it. Perks include: getting to see cool stuff, going on LOTS of escalators, eating every hour, sleeping REALLY well that night. Interested? Upcoming trips include the Bronx Zoo, The Statue of Liberty, That Giant Tree In Rockefeller Plaza And Also The Rockettes And That One Famous Toy Store, The Lion King On Broadway, and Whatever Else I Can Think Of Which Is Potentially Basically Anything Because It's New Freaking York City.

No comments: