Monday, August 06, 2012

Weekend


It's Monday morning. The girls are drawing, Katie is starting to wake up, and we're making our plans for the upcoming week. It will be a good one, plans with friends, a surprise visit from family, a baby birthday, a big kid birthday, and we'll be at our halfway point. Halfway!

It's good and scary all at the same time. The good part? We've done three and a half months! Wahoo! We're in our deployment groove and have grown used to missing Paul, so it doesn't hurt as badly. The scary part? I have to do this much again. Yikes. Historically, the second half of a deployment goes by more quickly than the first half, and I'm expecting that the start of school, Girl Scouts, soccer, swimming, piano lessons and ballet will help with that, too. =)

The weekend was nice. We went to a picnic with my volunteering and spent a lot of time watching the Olympics. I can't wait for the weather to cool down just the tiniest bit so we can start spending more time outside if for no other reason than the fact that our house gets just so dirty when we're in it all day long. I don't mind cleaning up, but doing the same thing four or five times a day gets on my nerves a tiny bit, as does reminding my children several times to stop climbing on my furniture.

Happy week! We'll be back here soon.

No comments: