Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Bookworm

I've noticed there is a direct correlation between how much I like whatever book I'm currently reading and the amount of laundry that has accumulated, clean and folded, in the basket I have yet to carry upstairs and unpack.

There is a LOT of laundry = I really really like "The Time Traveler's Wife." I got it at our local used book store for $6.50. Score! It's wonderful and I highly recommend it. It's not super literary, but it's a fascinating story of a lovely romance.

The next book on my list has me a little intimidated, mostly because I've not been exactly challenging myself in my reading material for, well...ever, really. There was this one time I decided I would read Proust and then couldn't get through even one book because it was. so. boring. and I ended up selling the stack of Proust books I'd bought right back to the used bookstore so they wouldn't sit there on the shelf mocking me. Anyway, I've never read Woolf and I feel like I should do that, so I am. Plus, I picked up "The Hours" and apparently that is based on "Mrs. Dalloway" so I want to be prepared.

We'll see how it goes. I will probably procrastinate reading it for a week or so, which will be fine because by then I will need to catch up on putting away my children's clothes.

No comments: