Friday, June 01, 2012

Home Tour?

Oh MAN. Kelly's got her home tour going and everyone is posting photos of their living room. She specifically said 'no designer mansions' but it seems like everyone has perfectly decorated, dustless, clutterless spaces. Or maybe they just threw all the toys and shoes out of the frame and ran the Swiffer really quick before they snapped the photo. That's what I would have done. =)

If you've been in our house, you've probably noticed that is spectacularly UN decorated. I have only the photo frames I bought from Baton Rouge or earlier. There is nothing seasonal or cute...well, anywhere.

I'm thinking maybe I should change that. It probably goes a long way toward explaining why I'm not comfortable in this house...beyond the peeling ceilings, rusty air vents, outdated bathroom hardware and uneven floors, that is. =)

Then again, there's a pretty good reason why there's not a ton of cute decoratey stuff everywhere. It's because I've realized that I'm going to move. A lot. And stuff will get broken. A lot. And I hate wasting money. A lot.

And honestly, given the choice between a beautifully coiffed home and going on adventures with my kids (and it IS a choice because we're rocking one income...and a military income at that)...well, I choose the zoo. Or the museum, or camping in the woods, or the science center, the aquarium, the homemade saltwater taffy place, the botanical gardens, bouncy place, ceramic place...you get the idea.

That's not to say I don't think the house could use a little love. Now that it's on my mind, I might just force myself to invest a tiny amount in making it a little prettier. Functional IS good, but at the end of the day, I have to admit...pretty makes me happy. =)

2 comments:

Liz said...

hijuytgyyutuio[8huymcxp0 i8ersug
';lkjhgfdhjbyhvhnjm mhnvhynjnumjkh6un yn m nhn n n jnhb hghnbvbgnhmj,kjnhbgvfbnhjmhbgvcfgbhnjmknjhbvgfcdfvgbhnjhvgcgbhnjybvgfbhyvfgbtfghbvgfbhvgf












s3ghybgvfcdrfghhgtfhyghjkio9pp;''''
]

Our Family of Four said...

So where's the photo? LOL I'm sure it's not as bad as you think nor as boring as my living room! Although mine is clean, with the maid and all, but also 'cuz it's not used except for events. Such a waste.