Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Definition of Irony

So, you know how I've been complaining telling you all about my doomed little savings account where I've been squirrelling away money saving up to buy a Dyson? And how every time I get about enough in there to go pick up my new fancy vacuum cleaner, I've had to replace brakes, tires, a timing belt, a computer, a refrigerator, etc etc etc? Surely you do.

WELL, I just recently decided to scrap that plan. I literally said to myself, "forget it, Liz, it's never going to happen, so just get tires for Paul's truck." I nodded to myself in agreement and went in and changed the nickname for that account to reflect its new purpose in life.

A few days ago I realized I had about enough in there to switch out Paul's balogna skin tires for something that has a fighting chance of keeping him actually ON the road and going in the right direction.

And wouldn't ya know...this morning as I was vacuuming, my old trusty rattly vacuum cleaner bit the dust.

So I got my Dyson Ball at the PX, grossed myself out with that first run across our floors and diligently started saving up for tires. Again.


As a quick note, though? It is truly frightening that even though I vacuumed our floors two days ago, it was easy to tell where Reliable Rita wheezed her last. My previous statement that I own the messiest family in the world stands. Truly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thats b/c Dysons are awesome... Kim wanted to see how mine worked so I took mine to her house... she had just vacuumed her rug and then we vacuumed with the dyson got a TON stuff.

I am glad you got a dyson and hope you can Paul some tires soon :)