Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beach Day with Beeda

We were at the beach for six and a half hours yesterday! Several things converged to make that possible...first, the weather was AWESOME. It was a little windy, but it was an ocean breeze and it felt like right around 80 or a little less. Never too warm! That makes a huge difference. Second, the ratio of tall to short people was 2:3 which I think is the minimum. Third, we had Beeda! She is the most fun part of the whole thing. I am so fortunate to have a friend like her!

 This first picture is Katie on Monday when a friend of mine and I tried the beach with a tall to short ratio of 2:6. That was still fun, but we were back in the car within two hours.

Yay! I finally got smart and kept Katie in the Ergo. It let me stay close to the girls while they were splashing in the waves and allowed me to participate in building our giant sandcastle, the corner of which is just visible in this picture. 

It was too windy for Katie's little beach tent so she stretched out under our umbrella (that either Amanda or I sat and held so it didn't blow away!) This is my favorite stretch.

Bree wanted to be a mermaid. =)

She is too much, this one.

Last night we met up with some friends for an impromptu dinner at a hibachi place in town. This is my friend Terra whose husband will be home in EIGHT DAYS having a conversation with Katie. We are all so excited for their family! They did pretty much exactly what we're doing, and it is so wonderful to watch it be alllllmost over!


Speaking of deployments...Paul is great. He's busy, sandy, probably stinky...but great. Most of his company is coming home a couple of months early, but he will remain for the full scheduled time because of what his job is, and how he likes to do it. I don't know any of the specifics of the transition plans other than he will move into a training and advisory role and ours is not the only NATO country represented at his patrol base. Literally THAT is all I know. My husband is a poster child for how you do OPSEC (Operational Security) the right way.   =)

No comments: