Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Blur

I forgot all about yesterday today! I think at some point I wrote "sit down" on a to-do list....and I did that, but as soon as I did, I noticed that the blinds were dusty AGAIN, one of the casualties of having my windows open for two months straight. Then I tried the sitting thing once more and noticed that there were little paper fuzzy things all over the couch from some project Carly had done at school.

My poor vacuum has been hauled in and out of the closet a lot lately. This stupid house just won't STAY clean. So annoying. Especially when all I really want to do is snuggle on the couch with my two big girls and read books all day. They swear I'm super cozy right now and they're probably right, I'm basically oozing progesterone out of all of my pores - as far as pheromones are concerned I'm Comfort Ground Zero.

Ugh but the dust.

So anyway, I just decided to bid adieu to the lovely $90 electric bills I've been enjoying lately and closed up the windows in favor of the AC. If it goes back into the 50's at night I might be convinced to open up again but for now why sweat all night long only to have to dust my bedroom furniture every other day? Seriously.

We sent an email to Paul today and I let the girls dictate their portions. Bree was simple and to the point. She said she's going to get on her bike and go get him from long work...you gotta love a girl who knows what she wants and is prepared to take action to make it happen! Carly told him about her day and asked about what it looks like there. We Googled some pictures for her and she was like, "oh, well I hope your pictures are better because these are all brown." =)

I'm at the funny place in this pregnancy where I RSVP to stuff with "If I'm not in labor, I'm in!" There must have been five or six different things to which that was my response in the last few days. We only need to hang on until Saturday when the reinforcements arrive...vacuuming the grassy stairs is not going to really help in THAT department but what can you do. It needs to happen.

No comments: