Sunday, March 11, 2012

Eight!

We spent ALL day outside today. Eight hours! It was fabulous.
Speaking of fabulous, here is your Daily Bree. Homegirl woke up, put this on, and that was that. Would you get a load of that BLUE sky??? It was exactly that color. Ahhhh I love it.
We took a walk down to the boat ramp in our neighborhood and hung out for a while looking at the fish swimming around in the sound. It was low tide, so the water was only a couple of feet deep. I still had my shoes off in case I had to jump in and rescue someone. Thankfully that was unnecessary. After our walk which took, oh I don't know, maybe an hour or so, the girls just played in the shade of our mimosa tree for a while. They were in their own little world for the bigger part of the afternoon while I finished one book and started another...seriously, the only thing that could have made this day was better was having Paul here with us.
And that got me thinking - this right now is the magical time between cold weather and bugs. We're only going to get a couple of weeks before the mosquitos, bees and flies wake up. I don't want to hide in the house after the baby comes, so I think we're going to put one of these on the list. At first I was thinking more of those pretty canopies they have at Target and Lowe's that stay up in the yard (with the mosquito netting of course!!!), but then I remembered the BEACH and how nice it would be to be able to just bring this thing out and pop it up. Bugs aren't normally much of an issue on the beach because of the breeze, but still. I'm going with versatility over beauty with this one. =)

No comments: