Thursday, February 23, 2012

Daddy's Back =)

This is FB repeat. =)
However, not all of you lovely folks do FB, and, due to the fact that I come here when I want to look back through a digital record of our family's life, I'm double posting. Hahaha - I don't know about you, but Timeline is practically impossible for me to navigate. Once I almost get to where I want to go, it pops me back up to the present day. Maybe its trying to tell me something. =)

Okay, moving on? Paul came back from his long training exercise on Tuesday night! We were SO happy to see him!!! Because of the job he does, he had to wait around for a while and couldn't just leave whenever his stuff arrived, so we brought him dinner and a cooler of beers to share...also Girl Scout cookies!

So Paul got a spider bite and he wouldn't stop messing with it, so it got yucky. He still wouldn't stop messing with it, so the next morning when he woke up, his eye was all red and swollen shut. GROSS! The doctor helped relieve some of the pressure and gave him some serious antibiotics, so hopefully it will start to clear up soon; it's really painful - and it looks painful! I need to apologize to Bree for this picture (sorry, baby!) because it's just so weird of her. =)
We've only got him for three full days before he heads off to another medium work, but thankfully this one coming up is only two weeks. Paul just picked up a bunch of new high speed gear that sounds like he's getting ready for a top-secret mission in some sci-fi movie. Pretty cool stuff, even though I wish it weren't necessary.

The girls are doing as well as can be expected with all the coming and going! It's definitely not easy for them to be happy he's home and sad to know he's leaving again so soon, but they're getting lots of one-on-one time with each of us and I think that is helping a lot.

1 comment:

E. Garrett said...

So I read Swampladia a couple months ago and just now noticed it on your blog. What did you think of it? It was not what I expected. Ha. Anyhoo, hope Paul's spider bite has healed up.

P.S. I love that awkward pose of Bree :)