Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blog-Keeping and Books

I'm Failing at my title, y'all. I just cannot get it to work...but...well to be honest, my blog title is just not on the top of my priority list. =)

I did, however, finally update the book list. I've read a ton of stuff since I did that, re-read, that is. Anyway, I put all the Hunger Games together because I read them in three days (like everyone else). They were so good, so interesting. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

What I won't recommend is reading Gamow after reading book fluff. My brain seriously feels like it's about to fall. out. of my head. You just can't go from colorful futuristic teen fiction to Einstein easily...at least I can't. Mr. Tompkins is from my Grandad's collection - he gave it to me so I can talk about it with Carly. This is theory-of-relativity stuff and although I can't really wrap my head around the bike shrinking and time slowing down, she still lives half in the world of unicorns and rainbows and she completely gets it. What I love most about this is (aside from my kid blowing my mind) is that THIS is one of the books my Grandad gave me for her. He gave her challenging stuff because he knows she can take it, that's probably the sweetest thing he could have ever done for me. It means a great deal when a person I respect so much values my child in this way.

As for Anne, well. I love her.

But I need some more suggestions! I'm re-reading a lot, which is never bad, but I know there is new stuff out there. Any ideas are welcome, but please, for the love of all things literary, do not suggest The Help. Okay, thanks! =)

No comments: