Monday, September 19, 2011

Oh, Liz

There are some things that only I could do. One of those things would be syncing my phone to my computer, successfully copying all the photos and then losing them. You heard me. Lo-sing. I don't know where they went!

Another thing I don't know how to find would the the women in my husband's battery...I keep inviting them to stuff and they keep not showing up. Weird. At the end of the day, though, at the very least no one can say that we never do anything for the families, because we DO. It's just that none of the families ever go! We're planning the decorating for Halloween and I'm really, really hoping that we'll get a couple of new ladies in there and from there will be able to meet more...but we'll see.

I feel like this is totally boring - we've just been doing our normal stuff. Paul is in the field, and doing a great job here. He amazes me. Today after gymnastics and regular homework, Carly and I did her new Singapore Math and then we all watched a video about ancient Mycenae and read Odysseus and Bree's Bob Books at bedtime. I worked with the FRO reconciling data sheets for the bulk of the day, and served raw veggies and ranch dip for dinner because Paul's not here.....normal stuff. It's totally fun for me but I can't imagine anyone else would find it interesting.

Next week we're starting our ancient Greece activities....we're drawing triremes and setting up an agora and a million other things. We've been reading different Greek myths and book after book about ancient Greece and Rome. At first I was thinking it would never sink in and we were just wasting our time but oh my word! Tonight when we were watching our little Kids History Channel video, they had an image of the Trojan horse and Bree jumped up off the couch and said "there are mens in that horse and they put the WHOLE HOUSE TO FIRE." Score!

1 comment:

Our Family of Four said...

Dude I so wish we lived near each other. It's like we are on the same page. I just ready Odysses to Max and he LOVED it!

BTW I haven't read your blog in ages because explorer wouldn't let me read your page. I thought it was a security setting that needed to be changed. Anywho, our security program ended and I bought a new one with more options. It told me I had 70 updates and 3 other programs to install. WHOA that took a while. And viola! I can read your page again.

I'm gonna check out the singapore math. You rock as a mama!