Friday, September 23, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

So Bree and I are watching ET!

 It's 4:30 am and my poor little monkey has been sick sick sick all night. She was doing okay but I foolishly fell asleep at 2 and she got hold of my water, chugged half of it and, well...you know. Not cute. She just fell asleep and I'm hoping she can sleep for a good few hours and wake up feeling a little better.

We are SO excited for Paul to return from the field tomorrow! It has been a heck of a week, for us here AND for him. He's been rained on all week long, so I'm sure he smells *awesome* and he's sniffly and sneezy. We have enjoyed hearing the artillery go off - although I'm sure our neighbors aren't quite as impressed. =)

I'm sure he won't remember, in fact this is the first time I have remembered, that tomorrow is the anniversary of the day we arrived in good old Oceanside, CA. We had dinner at this dive (and not in a good way) bar with a rooftop cafe area and we stared at the ocean and couldn't get over how amazing it was that we were a) in CALIFORNIA and b) there together! I love thinking back to our first days and looking over everything we've been through together...and here we are, seven action-packed years later, staring at another ocean, with two beautiful children and much better taste in restaurants. Our life is busy and kind of crazy sometimes but it is SO good, even when I have to pull sick kid duty alone at 4:30am.

No comments: