Saturday, August 06, 2011

Saturday Cartoons and School! =)

It's SO hard to believe that school is in two and a half weeks!

We don't find out teacher assignments or the bus schedule (!) until the day before school, but it's okay - we'll be excited to know what our morning schedule will definitely look like and for now we're doing all the stuff at home to be ready to take off.

Carly's school supplies cost exactly 20% of the price I paid last year for ONE set of her school supplies. Awesome! Her backpack from last year is in good condition so I think we're good on that! And the girl has more clothes than clothes, thanks to Zulily and a 70% off sale at Lands End! I wish there were a bow store here! Then again...maybe it's for the best that I don't have access to that much grosgrain. =)

Our schedule is gradually coming together, too. Our weekdays have gone back to being TV-free much to the girls' disappointment. And, to be honest, my own, since we usually saved up those minutes for when Mommy needed a few minutes of peace to get dinner on the table. I've got a few ideas to manage that madness, and fortunately I have a few weeks to get it all figured out! Our mornings look more normal now, too, with everyone up and dressed and beds made within an hour or so of waking up. I loooooove our summer schedule (which is in full force today since it's Saturday) where we just hang out. Eat when we're hungry, get dressed when we need to leave, make up beds sometime before 10am...it's lovely!

Lovely, but not something you'd want to do forever. I repeat that to myself a LOT, so maybe one day I'll believe it! =)

We've also started increasing 'homework' time a few minutes each day and hitting the workbooks at what would be after school homework time and incorporating some more intentional reading in the evenings. We just got this great kids book about Greek myths and started reading it last night. You should hear Bree trying to pronounce some of those names! So stinking cute. I'm looking into getting the Saxon Phonics from Amazon but I want to wait until I find out if she's going to be getting it at school first....her reading grew by leaps and bounds last year and I swear it was partly due to the awesome phonics program her school used. Anyway, we'll see.

Today we're headed off to a birthday party and then a sandcastle building contest. I'm going to try and email iphone pictures to myself to post here until I can buy a new camera. The repair guy told me that they would be more expensive to repair than to replace (ouch) and although he was very gracious about my cheapo photographic equipment, he did steer me toward brands and places I could buy something comparable....which is not going to happen. I'm getting a rebel if it kills me...but I'll have to wait a little while. Good thing I have an iphone! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If i get some birthday money i might be selling my rebel XTi to get the T3i. I was thinking about asking around $300 if you are interested?