Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring Break!!! Friday - National Arboretum

I woke up at 3:30 this morning stressing about stuff I had to do for work...so I got up and started working and figured well, since I'm awake ANYWAY...then proceeded to spend the next four hours watching Will and Kate get married. It was surprisingly fun! The girls really dug it.
***
The sun came out, so we had to get out! Our original plan was to hit up the Arboretum and then go skating, but traffic had other plans. I was thankful we still had the DVD player in the car from our big trip yesterday! At the Arboretum, we decided to drive around to the Asian Collection instead of seeing the things we've already seen. It was so beautiful! The girls asked to have their photos taken with every single flowering plant...and I mean every single one. I only put up a few of those. =)


So we were walking along the path and the plants and trees were getting prettier and prettier until BOOM there's a pagoda. It was perfect!
They had these cool stone steps...Bree tried to give me a heart attack by jumping down them. Little mountain goat.
Then somebody spotted an open field and off we went! We ran around for such a long time, then they played hide and seek and explored around this old mgnolia tree.
Little Miss Sassypants
Climbing in trees is one of the necessary elements of childhood.
It's super fun for mommies, too. =)
On our way home, Carly found some whole magnolia flowers that had fallen on the ground. She was so excited...you can tell she played hard by what a wreck she was! She got a couple of high fives for that - and it's so funny. When Carly was two, I used to be all judgy and snobby about messy kids, thinking "oh poor baby your mom must not take care of you!" And now I'm like "WHOA you must be having an AWESOME day!!!" Haha

No comments: