Friday, November 12, 2010

Wordy Bird

So, it is a busy few days!

I taught a great big (for me!) class on Thursday and it went really well. It was basic financial management and credit info for a bunch of social workers doing what I used to do back before I met Paul. It was totally fun.

Then today I went up for a second interview for that paid internship I've been obsessing over. I got it, too, which is SUPER awesome and will make a very large difference in my own personal financial management. =) I'll be teaching a class on Wednesday to a group of reservists getting ready to deploy in a couple of months...I'm really excited because that class is precisely the sort of thing I have wanted to do since the first time I applied for this fellowship. It's good in a big way.

So then, today, we rush, rush, rushed to get to Carly's teacher conference which told me nothing I didn't already know, such as yes, my child knows her letters and their sounds and no she's not being challenged as much as I'd like and yes, I prefer Montessori education to traditional. Also that her teacher is really super sweet and loving and makes the classroom a fun place to be. Then we all rushed down to get our pictures taken and it was so wonderful! The photographer did a great job and I literally cannot wait to see the pics. There weren't many with the foliage  background but the girls were just so precious...it was so sweet. Tomorrow's the ball, the next day we're hanging out with friends from California..awesome. Busy, awesome. Love it!

And now to the even MORE self-indulgent nonsense! The Sailor Wife meme! =) Yay for Friday, right?

1. Were you named after anyone?Yes! I was named after my mom's paternal grandmother, my Maw Maw. The thing IS, she made my mom promise that no one would ever call me Lizzy....well, come to find out, my great-grandmother's actual name WAS Lizzy, but she went by Elizabeth because she hated the name Lizzy. So I was really stodgy and boring about people HAVING to call me by my full name until I found that out. Luckily, because Paul's called me Liz from day 3.

2. What color, if any, are your toenails usually painted?OPI Cajun shrimp. Love those orangey reds. =) In the summertime I like neon pink.

3. How do you flush a public toilet? Hands? Feet? Something else?My foot...ew. Also try to never touch the door handles or anything else...ew. Just, ew.

4. When you were a little kid, which TV character did you have a crush on?Zach from Saved By The Bell, natch. =)

5.Let’s say you had to lose one of your five senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell).  Which one would you choose? Why?Taste! It's mostly smell anyway... 

No comments: