Sunday, September 05, 2010

Beeeeeeautiful Day!

I would love to share pictures with you but our camera doesn't work. YAY.

So, use your imagination. This is what we did today:

-We got a call from our renters that the smoke detectors were going off. What stunk for them was that it started at 6am the morning after the first LSU football game...probably not fun times. But we figured it all out and got the detectors to stop beeping.

-Carly and I went to Wegman's where she had fresh OJ and then read our entire grocery list while we were shopping. We counted bread ingredients and weighed watermelons while Paul and Bree went to the park and watched (in Bree-speak) A-gabba-gabba-gabba-gabba. =)

- Then we loaded up the car and drove out to Manassas to see the battlefield. The weather was so absolutely perfect and beautiful and the girls did awesome. I learned more in that hour and a half about the Civil War than in all of my high school education. Awesome. Carly thought the statue of Stonewall Jackson had "really big arms, like REALLY BIG."

- We came home and Paul went to work out. The girls slept for about 45 minutes and woke up G-R-O-U-C-H-Y. That wasn't fun. But by the time I got home from the PX everyone was more or less happy again.

- Carly and I went for a walk in the woods. I do not need any advice in this matter as I have already been warned that there are bears. Roger. There are also deer, groundhogs, squirrels, butterflies, caterpillars of every possible description, huge intricate spider webs, beautiful trees, moss, ferns, forest flowers, acorns, leaves in every color, great big fallen logs sort of melting into the ground, mushrooms, cool trails, birds singing and little hidden brooks. I don't think I would appreciate those things if I were in the process of being eaten by a bear, however I have the animal control guy on speed dial and he said we have a few months yet before it's time to worry about being Yogi's dinner. So we're good. I promise I can figure things out on my own and I also promise I will ask if I have questions.

- We got to talk to some friends. Always fun!

- Carly's window was broken by a flying book. NOT COOL. First of all, not cool that the windows are about as thick as paper and second of all not cool because it's going to be very expensive to have it fixed. I'm just not excited about it at all.

- That's it! It was a great day. We're having people over tomorrow afternoon which should be a good time. If the weather is anything like it was today, it will be perfect. =)


1 comment:

Kalyn said...

2 things....

The description of the woods and what is in it- or what is NOT in it is AWESOME. LOL!

THEN..... my photo at the bottom. Blurry, but SO true. I'm glad you liked it. :) XOXO

LYMY. figure that one out. ;)