Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mother of the Year

Carly was upset at school yesterday. She had a sad day to start with and when she came home saying her throat hurt, I gave her a cough drop and just assumed she was saying that so she wouldn't have to go back and deal with all this new stuff all at once.

She was still saying it this morning when she woke up at five, but since she kept saying that she didn't want to go to school because she didn't know anyone's name, I gave her another cough drop and sent her anyway. My neighbor and I went up to Fairfax (30 or so minutes away) to buy more uniforms. I had to order most of what I needed and it was...a lot. We talked about how Carly was having a hard time adjusting to so many adjustments and how I didn't believe she was really sick.

WELL, guess who ended up with a 101.4 degree fever and had to come home from school early? Guess who's throat hurts too badly for princess soup? That's when you KNOW it's serious. That and the fact that she fell asleep on the couch at 5:45. I couldn't get through to the clinic on the base so we're just going to watch her and see if the standard Gatorade-and-Tylenol regimen works. Poor little jellybean.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Well, I stood on the sidelines of a soccer game telling my kid to "suck it up and quit crying, you're fine" and turned out he had a broken finger. We all have our Mother of the Year moments!
My verify word for this comment is "panie" how ironic.

Our Family of Four said...

Poor Carly! Give her extra hugs from me and the kids. I hope her next day at schools goes better. She such a sweet kid I'm sure she'll have friends in no time.

Oh and you are not a bad mom. I would have thought the same thing. HUGS