Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's Crazy

What's crazy is I just read my friend Michelle's page and realized that our families have been on a monthlong vacation at the exact same time mostly on the east coast and TODAY, aka the day before she goes back to Columbia, is the first time we'll be in the same place at the same time.

I just missed some of our friends from Baton Rouge earlier this month, too. So crazy!

Anyway, today we're going to Quantico. We'll be staying in the Crossroads Inn and taking care of a few more little details before our scheduled move-in on Wednesday. Paul starts school the week after that. We will miss vacation, but it's time for us to be in somewhat of a schedule!

Here are a few things I/we are excited about:
  • Being within driving distance of Philadelphia...not two airplanes, a long layover, lost luggage and 6am departure times
  • Being withing 2.5 hours of Polyface Farm.
  • Unpacking our boxes!
  • A year of eating dinner as a family.
  • Being very close to Costco and another Final Cut store.
  • Carly's navy blue polka dot backpack. It's literally the cutest thing I've ever seen.
  • Packing lunches for my little kindergartener. Um no I will not be buying her the gross hot-lunch. Sure she might be trading her organic chicken salad and fruit for preformed sodium-loaded chicken-ish dinosaur nuggets, but at least she'll have the chance to eat real food. =)
  • Bree's quiet birthday celebration

Hope you guys are having a great summer! I'll be reunited with my camera accessories today so we can share some pics! Hahah, finally! =)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Costco? I went there because everyone raves about it and found nothing of interest. That may only be the case here in the third world part of the US though. There was not a single organic vegetable, no organic meats or humane meats, but there were aisles upon aisles of processed stuff that needn't be refrigerated. I was quite turned off by the trip.