Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beach!

Sorry, no camera cord! =)

But, believe me, we are having a terrific time down here in Rehoboth Beach with Aunt Diane and Uncle Mace! Right now the guys have the little girls down at the pool and I'm about to join them. We went to the beach yesterday and had an absolute BLAST. Bree kept us jumping what with her trying to run into the ocean a million times but she was fine and Carly had a great time running away from the waves. The weather was overcast which was awesome because it never really got too hot and there was a nice breeze.

We went to storytime at the most adorable bookstore yesterday morning. Carly pretty much ran the show, making what was apparently intended to be a quiet few minutes into an interactive question-fest. I thought it was awesome. Bree spent the whole time rolling around the store with a child sized shopping cart, stopping in the cafe section to charm the socks off of the town's old guy committee. She said, "Bye Mans" when we were leaving. =)

We'll be here for a few more days then we're headed back to Philadelphia for a while before our big move in! Carly and I just ordered her adorable backpack for next year. I gave her a choice between polka dots and circles and whichever colors she wanted, and happily she chose my favorite without my having to talk her into it or anything. =)

Okay, I'm off to give the guys a break! The chickies were up at 5:30 this morning and everyone is a little tired. We didn't think about our beach trip when we left the pack-n-play in Quantico so Bree is sharing a bed with Paul this week. That = neither one of them getting much sleep. I'm in the other room with Carly who thankfull is much less of a kicker now that she's a little older, so I get to sleep right through all the rooster-hour shenanigans. Haha, but then I have two cranky fussybutts whenever Daddy is off on his running trips, so it all works out.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm so glad you are having such an awesome vacation!!! Isn't summer time just the BEST!!??

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE the start of the school year and doing school supply shopping??? Tony makes fun of me all the time cause I just love walking through all the school supplies at stores!!! :) Sooo - my point is...if you need a partner in crime to go shopping with you...I'm your girl!!! Can't wait to see pictures of Carly's new bookbag and first day of school outfit!!! SO FUN!!! :)