Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And Here I Thought I Had Another Ten Years...

I'm making the girls' Mardi Gras dresses. No one in the history of the world has ever had a harder time with a seemingly "simple" dress.

So I make Bree's first, but when I put it on her, it was almost down to her ankles and about three times as wide as it should be. I followed the directions, but it still looked weird. So when Carly came back into the room I tried it on her and it was the right size. I had her standing up on the chair measuring for the shoulder ties when Bree came in from the playroom.

She immediately fell on the floor crying and yelling "Mahdee! Mahdee! No no Cookie, nonononono! MahDEEEEE!" It was so sad.

And then I realized she was saying "My dress!" and that made it even sadder and also really awesome. So I'm going to get to work right away on a much smaller version so she can wear it before she goes to bed. Oh my word, I love these kids.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so adorable!

Kalyn said...

and here I thought she was saying "Mardi" for Mardi Gras... I was going to say that you have trained your girls well!!! :) I cant WAIT to see photos!! I know they will be GORGEOUS!!!!!!

xoxoxox

Steph said...

you know what I love??? i love how much you love being a mom!!! i love how much you do with and for your girls!! i think you freakin' rock!!!