Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To the Tune of an Unhappy Toddler

I just realized this morning that while I was much more OCD about Carly's schedule and dietary habits, Bree actually eats way better and hasn't watched nearly as much TV as her sister. I still drag her to the gym childcare though, even though every time we go she ends up with a runny nose. Last night we were up a few times...nothing helped which was so sad and frustrating. Eventually she fell asleep around 4. I don't know what it is with little kids and waking up at the same time every morning no matter what though. I'm a total zombie today and I'm hoping the little miss takes a good afternoon nap when we get back from picking up Carly.

Yesterday we dropped off birthday cupcakes to Paul's office (red velvet with yellow buttercream) and then went to buy presents for the four birthday parties we have this weekend. Yesterday my leaf on the thankful tree was for Melissa and Doug wooden puzzles (aka the 'good' kind) being on sale. =) Today I'm thankful that Paul's big monthly meeting was today and that none of those delicious cupcakes are coming back home with him. It bugs me that our pseudo-mailman gets today off, but Paul has to work. I try not to let it get to me though - my cousin Sam is an Army medic and he's on the job today, too, but he's in Baghdad, not Baton Rouge.

Okay she's just so sad and sniffly. It's breaking my heart...plus I worked some wifely magic last night and Paul slept through all but one of Bree's crying fits so (I think) that earned me some Starbucks goodness, or as Carly calls it, "A splenda." GEEZ, Bree sounds just like a pteradactyl right now. *Paul would use thist opportunity to mention that I'm so OLD that I probably had one as a pet when I was younger. Love him.*

1 comment:

Jess said...

I hope Bree starts feeling better soon. Sick babies are just heartbreaking. They expect you to fix it, you really want to, and everybody is just miserable about it.