Monday, November 09, 2009

Not Me Monday

...a way to keep it real without really actually truly confessing to anything...

Monday morning Pilates is no joke at the Paula G. Manship, y'all. Christina brings it. So you know how in normal people Pilates you lay on your side with your hand holding up your head and then do fun Jane Fonda leg kicks and leg circles, etc? K, so imagine bending the bottom knee, with your thigh still in line with your body. Got that? Now, get that arm UP off the floor and make it with the elbow to wrist on the floor and the rest of the arm is up. No head support! Head support is for wusses and newborns. Now raise those hips sideways, holding yourself up with your elbow and the side of your knee...NOW do leg kicks and leg circles. This time if you wobble, there's no secretive wiggling; you just bust it. And PS, your behind will be on FIRE because Christina don't play. We do 16 - 32 reps of everything and you never do get the actual instruction to lower to the floor between sets....it's AWESOME!

Right, so back to my non-confession. I'm glad that I'm not one of those horribly selfish mothers who would let their separation-anxious toddler cry at five minute intervals on the other side of the cinderblock wall separating the classroom from the childcare room, for the entire hour. I would never find it even remotely funny when my precious fifteen-month old angel shouted "MINE!!!!! Snack please" repeatedly - and loud enough to be heard through that wall - when another child tried to steal her bowl of snacks. And of course that bowl of snacks was lovingly prepared last night and was not the crumbly remains of our last box of cereal that I poured as I was rushing out the door this morning. I mean, of course not. The thought!

I hope your Mondays are awesome! We're going to pick up Carly in a few minutes then going to a playdate. Fun times!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Whatever it takes to get my workout in! Check out my blog sometime if you can. Do you know we are related?