Tuesday, March 03, 2015

2nd Half of February!

Less than a month since the last post! This is a win!!!
I've put everything from the last two weeks of February up to today (March 3)....it's picture heavy but why not? Pictures are the best part.
 

We saw the circus with Auntie K! It was a GREAT show - totally not the same kind of circus as when we were growing up!
 

I was buying my own Valentine's Day gift. =) 
This is not my preferred mode of receiving 20lb dumbbells, but I got what I wanted, so we'll call it a win. NEXT time, I'd like them to magically appear on Valentine's morning in a gift bag.

The next day, I turned that bag of supplies into THIS awesome Valentine's Day tea party for our Daisies! All the red and pink things! Plus boas and awesome sparkly plastic rings, crowns for the birthday girls, some simple snacks....it was fabulous. =)
 

While I set up the party, the girls learned to hula dance! Bree did a great job and had so much fun. She's such a good little dancer!
 


We spent President's Day getting my oil changed. Fun.
 

We haven't had nearly the amount of snow this year as last year. Overall this winter just seems a lot less dramatic than last year, but that's probably because we're used to it now and it's not as much of a shock. I still hate the frigid days and the wind, and the salt everywhere, and all the sick people coughing on everything, and being cold, and no sun, and no growing things, and no yummy fruits........I'll stop complaining. But still. Winter stinks.
 

Little moment - Katie and Paul in Starbucks on our way to take him to school, and Carly enjoying our new laundry soap. Apparently Kirkland brand from Costco smells AMAZING. =)
 

If you've never played Blokus, you have to! It's SO FUN!!! In this picture, I'm the blue and Paul's trying to figure out a way to keep me out of his yellow territory....he sat there for five straight minutes figuring it out, but I still won. =) 

The next day! World Thinking Day with our Girl Scout friends. So many girls were there learning about the different states of the US....it's such a great event every year. 

Sillies
 

In many ways, Carly is very like her father, but she gets SO INTO her books, and that's all me. She threw her backpack on the trunk and plopped down right inside the front door to get back into Harry Potter. So adorable!

This past weekend was a GREAT one for me! I spent all day Saturday being certified as a PiYo instructor...PiYo is pretty much my favorite thing ever, so I'm excited to be able to do it more often AND get paid. Woohoo! Then the very next day, Carly and I went up to Big Boulder in the Poconos to go skiing. I spent a good part of the day side walking up the mountain to help her put her skis back on after she'd fall, so my behind is a little sore. I spent all day yesterday so exhausted and recovering with tons of water and sitting still. Now today, I'm doing this on a break from catching up on all the housework that I normally do on the weekends, but didn't for some crazy reason, get done while I was gone. It's like everyone says coming back from vacation to a real job, you have so much to catch up on! That's true of a non-real job, too, apparently. =)
 

 

Which brings us to today! Katie's been mad and yelling all day, and I'm going to take a picture each Tuesday to see how our yard is transitioning into the spring. Our house is the one on the right....and if you're thinking it looks SUPER narrow....well, that's because it is. Perfect for us, but very narrow!
 

No comments: