Sunday, December 08, 2013

Wonderful! Amazing! Fantastic!

And very almost nearly a perfect day!

The girls and I got to go to THE Nutcracker today. Capitalizations are on purpose there...the one in New York City...it was (see title bar) so, so good. I've wanted to see it for as long as I can remember and today I got to go. Yay! I took Carly and Bree and we sat in the first couple of rows of the highest balcony. From that vantage point, we were able to see the precision of the groups...also the orchestra...it was so perfect.

The inside of the Koch theater. Carly and I think that giant orb in the middle would be a great design for a necklace (obviously much, much smaller). And then outside the Lincoln Center. Can I even tell you how cool this whole experience was?
 

 


Travel time on the train is about 2.5 hours (as planned, see below) which is only slightly longer than driving, and between tolls, parking, and taxi fares incurred while driving, it's probably a little more than slightly less expensive. The girls enjoyed their dinner on the first leg of our trip...super fancy. I had a double shot latte. =)

Then, for what is to me an annoying little blip on the schedule and what is to my poor husband a big giant blight on the entire day that ruined everything, "someone" spilled a bottle of water in the train right before our scheduled stop so we missed it. I kept waiting for a stop with a building for us to wait for the next train, but there weren't any of those....so to the end of the line we went and the girls got to play in the snow. They were so super duper excited! Like icing on their already awesome day! I mean, my poor husband was very worried but we're all home safe and sound and the girls had a GREAT day, which is the most important thing!


1 comment: