Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Hopeless!

Seriously! I'm a mess!

Later today I will post the next two pictures, with the correct numbering hello. I will also remind Albert to change spots and we will catch up on our Random Acts of Christmas Kindness list. If you're wondering whether we've hit our groove with Paul being home the answer is, uhhh NO. It's like someone dropped a ping pong ball in a piano. A bobby pin down a grandfather clock. Put a big tarp covered in vaseline down right in the middle of a road race, dropped a bag of marbles on the floor of a crowded mall...I don't know. Think up your own chaotic analogy and there you go!

=)

Last week he had half days at work which ended up being 4pm or later days due largely to the fact that his battery has been back for four months and were apparently waiting with stacks of paper for him to sign, stuff for him to find, and reports for him to write, etc. This week is his first full week of leave, but he's in a class all week....so maybe NEXT week we'll have him to ourselves. We'll see! He's taking the GMAT that Friday, so it's not looking super promising - fortunately the ball is that weekend so we'll get that night to hang out.

Now let us all take a moment of silence and pray to the gods of zippers and Spanx that I will fit into my dress. Amen.

Our carpool friend is here and I can hear the upstairs being demolished by those two crazy preschool dervishes as I type this.

On a happier note, Carly made it to school today with her insane hair brushed and fixed, a lunch (win), and matching socks. Nothing short of a miracle, y'all!

Aaaand that is all. Preschool dropoff, boot camp (the altar of the gods of zippers and Spanx), and trying to put some order back into what I'm sure is a mess of epic proportions upstairs...you know, just your average Tuesday. Hope yours is slightly more under control. xo




3 comments:

Amy D. said...

Honey I thought of you last night when Allen got home at 8pm and the boys were driving me nutso. Itwas. One. Night. And I could barely handle it.

Then he told me my beautiful banana chocolate chip pound cake was "dry". At that moment I wished he was deployed (JOKE).

Annnnd I have a huge zit on my nose which my boss asked me about today: "what's on your nose?"

Seriously?

Hope your chaos settles soon =)

Amy D. said...

Honey I thought of you last night when Allen was gone till 8pm and the boys were driving me nuts. Itwas. One. Night. And I could barely handle it.

Then he called my beautiful banana chocolate chip pound cake "dry". Which at that point I wished he was deployed (JOKE).

Annnd totally unrelated I have a huge zit on my nose which today my boss asked about: "what's on your nose?"

Seriously?

Our Family of Four said...

Just sent you a quick note and this blog, well it answers one of my questions! And can I just say how much I love you. I remember when Mike came home from deployment the first time and I was shocked at how hard it was to readjust and it seemed to get harder with each kid and deployment. Your honesty makes me feel so much better about my feelings!