Monday, June 18, 2012

Stay Tuned!

There are several exciting things happening this week!

1) The girls are having their first VBS experience. Which, given what I had to go through when we got the invitation, they had better to enjoy immensely. I wonder if I'll get any theology questions from Carly since the bulk of her religious education has come from me and from the Catholic church and this VBS is very extremely Southern Baptist....we'll see!

2) Swim lessons!!! Starting tonight! It's fun to see Bree spashing around like a deranged mermaid, but my favorite is watching Carly. It's always cool to see your kiddo excelling at and enjoying something.

3) I just put in an order with our produce guy for the first time in ages. Which means I'm going to be posting little bloggies about what we do with all our wonderful local produce. Yay!

4) Wednesday marks WEEK SIX! While I'm sad that my little Katiebug will officially be an infant and not a newborn any more, it does mean I get to go to the gym and get back in it with some kettlebells and a spin bike. (Yes, yes, I'll take it slow. No worries!) That is exciting on so many levels, not the least of which being that I'm tired of wearing maternity shorts and the same three shirts and feeling like Jaba the Hut. Seriously. I'm old(er) and this is baby three, so the weight that normally just falls off, isn't. Sooo, instead of bemoaning my fate or (horrors!) resigning myself to this size and a belly that looks and feels exactly like a blob of bread dough, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

5) Thursday night I have a dinner date with the "Staff and O" wives from our battery.

6) Friday is Brave! The girls and I are going right after swim lessons Friday night.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a great week!

Holiday weekends like this last one can kind of bum us out, but it's nice to have exciting things to look forward to. I would ask what you are up to this week but no one ever answers that questions, so I'll just read your FB status or blog to find out. =)

No comments: