Tuesday, December 06, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Ahhhh Albert the Elf. Trying to sneak away with some candy. =)
Pinterest has about six bajillion EotS ideas...we're using one tomorrow. But so far, our little guy hasn't caused too much mischief. He even helped me out with the indoor decorations!
AND THEN. Okay, this is Carly's second official Christmas list. She doesn't ask for much, just a LIVE UNICORN. This will probably charm me for the rest of my life. I don't know what the Pet Kitty Cat Movie is...likely she also wants a pet cat (um, no) and also a movie. Who knows?

And today we have a little free bonus. Do you ever mess up a recipe or a dinner idea and it turns out way better than your initial plan? No? Yeah, me either. Except last night. I was trying to make beef enchiladas for Paul and we had this meeting on base to go to, so I threw a pound of ground (happy, natch) beef, half a chopped up onion, a chopped up bell pepper, a couple tsp of cumin and oregano, half a tsp or so of ground garlic and a can of mild enchilada sauce in the crockpot and set it to high then ran out the door. When I came back about 2.5 hours later, I discovered that we don't have corn tortillas and the stuff in the crockpot was WAY too watery for that anyway. So I put the cp on warm, threw in a can of kidney beans and a handful of grated cheddar and boom - instant awesome chili-like soup substance. It was great. My produce guy brought us avocados this week, so we had those on top. I sprinkled it with ground chipotle chilis for the grownups and more cheese for Carly in her lunch. I don't think she'll actually eat it, but again, who knows?

2 comments:

Ghia said...

Would that be a "Pet kitty cat" and a "Night Before Halloween Spooky Movie"??

E. Garrett said...

i love part where she asks for a "real unicorn" and "not a toy."