Monday, March 28, 2011

If I Had Five Kids Under 6...

They'd all dress just like this - not because I love seeing the wacky combinations she can come up with, but because I personally would not be able to keep up with each of them long enough to do anything about matching. =)  Plus I'd still probably enjoy the crazy outfits.
This is what my afternoons would look like...we would be at the park a LOT.
This is what the ride home would look like =)

This is what dinner would look like. Pancakes, eggs and fruit...getting that to the table at roughly the same time before Bree or Christopher could eat the stick of butter (they both tried) and before either of the big girls could die of starvation (they both claimed it was imminent) and before Stella could eat all of the pancakes I'd already made (she kept saying something that sounded a lot like "yummy snacks please" and I couldn't say no) was a bit of a challenge. At one point, Bella asked me when I was going to eat because every time I sat down someone needed more - or less - of something, or water, or a different fork, etc. If I had five children under six we would also be having SIMPLE dinners just like this one. No 10-veggie stir fries for us!
Dinner would also look like this (complete with the open cabinets) because I do not have octopus arms and simply could not get to Bree before she'd inflicted ketchup hair on herself. =)  Still, such sweet little messy faces. Love them!!!


This is what would be left of dinner...
This is what bathtime would look like (the big girls totally gate crashed bathtime)...also my floor is a swimming pool. Hopefully that would NOT happen every night even if I did have an entire peewee baseball team living in my house. =)
This is what the Bedtime Gap (between bath and bed) would look like...that's right we watched a movie on a school night. If I had five kids under six I bet there would be more movies.
This is what cleaning the kitchen would look like. Sleepy little helper exploring while I washed the mountain of dishes....but we DID have a great time! My friend Mandy had to get a bunch of small things done, so I watched her two in exchange for her sewing some beautiful things for Carly and Bree. Bella and Carly are just super good friends at school and they have been waiting so patiently for a playdate!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very impressive!!!