Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday's Fill-Ins!

1. What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party?
So it was the first week of August and I was about twenty-three months pregnant and we had just moved into our house and the grout was NOT all the same color and was completely driving me insane, so I put on Paul's old workout pants, tucked the cuffs into a big pair of socks, put on an old button up shirt, blue rubber gloves, science lab goggles and a face mask to scrub the grout with a toothbrush and bleach water. =)

2. What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle?

I could make a list, but to be honest, that's sort of depressing and the truth of the matter is that the positive aspects to our life so far outweigh the tough parts for me. I will always be a little wistful that I never had a wedding though, that much I can tell you. =)

3. If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? I would go everywhere in the world, because there is a LOT to see. We are so insulated over here, and the average American knows so little about anything. How can we really understand ourselves as a country if we ignore the entire rest of the world until they have something we want or they try to blow us up?

4. If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose? Oh gosh. If you know anything about me and blood and guts and illness you will know the likelihood of me ever being a nurse. Me being a nurse is about five hundred times more likely than me being in the military, so I'd be a Navy nurse.


5. What is your favorite thing to make for dinner? Salmon baked with tons of dill, garlic and lemon with a giant salad and sauteed spinach. For some reason I can't seem to find wild-caught American salmon here in my price range, so my second runner up is...I don't know what it's called...but it's whatever I made in that post below, veggies (eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, etc) sauteed with chicken and tomatoes with tons of olive oil, garlic and herbs. It takes about 15 minutes and it's SO good and healthy. =)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

When you do to the commissary, look in the frozen foods section for a brand of fish called 'Coleson's Catch'. If they have it, look at the back of whatever type you like. There is a tag on them if they're wild caught. I've found all of the salmon, halibut, flounder, cod and several others to be wild. The only things they seem to have that are farmed are the shrimp and tilapia, which I understand are the best things to eat farmed - as long as they're farmed in the US. Anyway, they had Coleson's at Camp Pendleton, and I've found it at each of the commissaries here on the island (trust me, they're vastly different). So, it's highly likely that your store will have it, or can readily get it if they don't!