Friday, October 15, 2010

About A Hundred Different Things

I keep thinking that one day I'll put up a post that isn't about twenty-three different things, but lately that just has not been possible! We're just so busy. =)
***
Listen, I love my farmer's market. We scored this giant box of sweet potatoes for $5. Nice! It was a little extra work because they were so dirty and on the smaller side, but it was totally worth the bargain. I've felt extra smart all week long. And then TODAY, I got a big bag of bananas for $3 and I pureed that WHOLE bag and now we have smoothie and/or banana bread fixins for the next six months. Awesome! =)
What's wrong with this picture?
Hm...twirly pasta. IN the candle.
Sick day fun! Poor Carly woke up with this big nasty cough that is the first symptom of this big nasty cold that has been making its rounds, so I kept her home from school. By 9am the girls were bored and needed something cool SO we made a tent with some sheets and blankets and the help of the table. They were in and out of it all day. =)
Yes, those are orange panties. Yay for Bree!
Okay and THIS is Bree's room now that her crib is a toddler bed...sort of a toddler bed. It's pretty high off the ground but it works until we figure out where we're going and the chickies can get a "bump-up" bed. In the spirit of honesty, you should know that her room looks like this for approximately fifteen minutes a day: 5 minutes first thing in the morning, 5 minutes right after Bree's "nap" and then 5 minutes right before bed. The rest of the time...yikes. Also, I cannot WAIT to slap some paint on a few walls at our next spot.


1. What are some things on your bucket list?

-Go on a safari. In Africa. To see elephants and tigers and zebras (oh, my!). Preferably from the back of a camel.
-See a Broadway show
-Spend a week on an island somewhere where they have little huts built out over the water. Not ON the water (barf) but over.
-Grow a garden where all the plants survive. =)

2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far?

I need to just mention right here that I detest the term "MilSpouse." As if my life hasn't been subjugated to his job enough already, the last thing I need is an abbreviated title. =) That being said, I've been in this thing for very close (three days!!!) to six years. We've lived in Camp Pendleton (CA), New Orleans (just 6 months, thank goodness!), Baton Rouge (2 years) and now Quantico.

3. What is your favorite kind of pizza?

Margherita

4. What are three good things in your life right now?

1) My husband is three feet away from me. =)
2) I love where I live! This part of the country is SO beautiful. We like our neighborhood and our house layout and I can see the woods from my house.
3) My family - everyone - is healthy and safe.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

We went to see Mamma Mia on Broadway earlier this year and it was fabulous!

Goodnight moon said...

Yah for farmer's markets! We love going to them too! But seriously....$5 for a WHOLE box of sweet potato's you totally scored big time!

Don't you just love when you find random food items in the weirdest places...especially when you don't even notice them until they start to smell. Bleck!

I found you through the milspouse weekly roundup! I look forward to reading more from you!

Kalyn said...

DUDE!!!! a few of our bucket list items are the same. :) We should do them together!!!!! OMG- how fun!!!

What Brodway show do you want to see? I would love to see Wicked or some seasonal show. SO FUN!!! When I go in June that is one of the first things I am going to do!!!!! :)