Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Fill-In, from Sailor's Wife

1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? Gosh, I don't know...I've always been really sentimental, so I just think being a military wife gives me an excuse to give that part of me free reign. I also come from a long line of women who just do what needs to be done without a lot of whining and messing around - THAT part of my genetic makeup has definitely gotten a workout. =)

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? Yellowstone! Paul and I went there when he got back from Iraq and those big hills and beautiful forests were so refreshing and beautiful. I just love forests (clearly - how many times have I told you how much I love these Quantico trees???) and it's so grand and majestic. I cannot wait to take the girls and let them experience one of the most beautiful places in our country.

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? Chick-Fil-A. I would have a Chick-Fil-A in my yard if I could (and if my "yard" were bigger than my kitchen.)

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? What honeymoon? No, really, we had a yearlong honeymoon very near the beach in California. Then 10 days in Yellowstone. Anytime we spend a night 'away' we call it a honeymoon. =)


5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? The one I have. Honestly. If money were no object, I would have a bunch more kids, send them all to Montessori schools and go to the zoo or the children's museum every Wednesday with the youngest ones for the next ten years, no kidding. Maybe I would teach yoga a couple of times a week or plan five thousand dollar first birthday parties on the side, but truly, this whole carpool-playdates-soccer-cooking-dinner-folding-laundry gig is pretty sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We spent two nights in Yellowstone as part of our honeymoon and loved it! It wasn't nearly enough time and we can't wait to go back. Now just trying to plan that trip around a Navy schedule...

Morgan said...

Ooooooooh! I see you're reading The Bean Trees. Kingsolver is one of my faves (I probably said that when you read Poisonwood, huh?) anyway, how'd ya like it?

McCoyFamily said...

Love your answers:)