Thursday, August 26, 2010

Storytime!

The library is great! And 1.5 miles from our house!
Bree was so stoked about the big squishy animals on the floor in the front area...she wasn't super happy that there were only two in a pile.
So she fixed it up.
My silly girl - she loves to PLAY!
There are four storytimes a week, two for 0-2 year olds like this one and two for 3-5 year olds. I've been told that there is not much difference between the two except the older kids do a craft and the younger kids have free play time at the end. I was so excited to find that it's a very active and interactive time. There were lots and lots of dancing and moving songs, one fun story and then some rhythm practice with shakers (see pile of kids, below) and then marching around the chairs to the beat of the music. I'm planning to bring her as often as I can - it beats the heck out of driving to Woodbridge for music class twice a week. =)
Bree tried all of the different kinds of instruments. She loved this triangle until she heard a tambourine. SO much fun!!! You'll notice that the ponytail is loooong gone.
It took my girl to Harry O's in Q-town for lunch. It was soooo good. She had most of a chicken salad croissant and I had soup. While we were waiting, she experimented with pouring salt. She was concentrating so hard, figuring out how to make it pour faster or slower - do you see her face? So intent on her work for the moment. *Note: here's the rule - no one is allowed to tell me she doesn't look like a baby any more. I don't want to hear it. Not now, not when she's 10.*

3 comments:

Sylvia - Mommy said...

Did you ever talk Paul into a new baby? :) lol

Seriously, Bree is SO stinking cute. Both your girls are!

Our Family of Four said...

See now I was thinking that while she is definitely bigger it's still so nice that you have a little one. I miss the little ones. Kiss her for me 'kay!

Our Family of Four said...

See now I was thinking that while she is definitely bigger it's still so nice that you have a little one. I miss the little ones. Kiss her for me 'kay!