Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Few Rooms and Our Friday

Bree was helping me straighten Carly's room on Friday morning...you want to guess how many times a day we (I) put those books back on the shelf? Like a million. =) Also, Elmo was doing a dance for us.
Carly's room has three big windows! I love all the light, but since we don't have three matching curtain rods and/or three sets of curtains and we're only going to be here for a year she got to choose wall decals instead of having curtains. She chose owls and birds and flowers...totally cute. AND unlike our WallWords from Baton Rouge that took off the paint and (literally) half the drywall where it was applied, these are just little stickers.
No matter how hard I try I just cannot get those little canvases to hang evenly.
This is what you see when you walk into our door (which I hope at least SOME of you will be doing this year)...I left the photo a little funky so you can see where the kitchen is (to the right) and the girls' bathroom (around a little corner to the left). Anyone want to guess how many times a day I trip over that #$%* stroller? Like a million.
oops! repost!
OH AND OH MY GOSH. This is "my" corner of the laundry room. ALL this stuff used to be piled in uneven, messy and disorganized mountains in the guest room closet. Now that I actually have a SPACE for all of it, it's looking a little better. Thank goodness for $15 Ikea shelving and a borrowed p-touch label maker. I love this space and I don't even care that it's in the laundry room. My laundry room smells like Tide and Bounce dryer sheets. Mmmm =)
Sugar pie on her first Friday.
On our way to a pre-bus coffee and donuts playdate.7:30am, baby! What a fantastic way to start off the weekend!
Do you see Bree? She has a pretty wide radius of feeling safe.
She was just hanging out with her chocky milk on the retaining wall.
Oh YEAH! The other day I was joking with Paul about him 'throwing me under the bus' and I never even thought that a)Carly could hear us b) she was listening and c) she would need to ask me if he actually did put me underneath a bus. Poor little kid! I really need to watch what I say around her literal listening...or at least be ready to explain everything.
Then, at 2pm, we headed out to Lunga Park (a lake sort of near us on Quantico) for the EWS picnic! The girls spent the entire hour we were there bouncing in the bounce house. Bree ate her body weight in hot dogs and American cheese.
This is where she decided to sit. Smart kid. =)
Awwwwwwww, look what I found in my photo files! My sweet baby bean and her Auntie Kalyn!

2 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

It's so funny for me to look at these with ya'll in summer clothes and it's winter here in Bogota! Also funny that you have a playdate at 7:30 and my kids are already at schoool!

BTW I the house looks great.

Sylvia - Mommy said...

I LOVE those wall decals, how cute!! I can't get the block letters on the wall straight either. It's driving me INSANE. But I give up, everytime I mess with it it just gets worse. I even used a laser light!

Anyway, the house looks cute!!