Thursday, July 08, 2010

We're Here!....kinda...

I don't have enough bandwidth to post photos right now, sorry!

We're actually ON the base at this moment, which is fabulous. I love it, with all the big trees and the river close by and everything at right angles. =) Paul has to deal with a lot more of the annoying aspects to being around so many generals, like having to put on a collared shirt to go return a broken ribbon to the uniform shop for example, so he's less enthusiastic about being on a base. I think it's super. I missed it a lot, actually.

Now we'll see how happy I am when it's freezing cold and snowing and I'm dealing with my first real winter since Carly was a tiny baby and we were in Montana and Philadelphia. But that's at least four months away. =)

A lot of people have asked me about our schedule, so I'll tell you what we have planned so far. It's still kind of vague and it still might change at any moment, but for now, we're planning:

  • 2 night stay in Quantico
  • Some time in Philly
  • Some time in Rehoboth Beach
  • Some more time in Philly
  • Back to Q-co on the 21st, staying here at the Inn to finish up administrative details before our house is available on the 28th.
  • HOPEFULLY moving in the 28th
  • Getting unpacked and settled - this usually takes four days, which is good b/c that's all we have...
  • Paul starts school August 4
  • I can't find the exact date, but school started the 3rd week of August last year and I assume it will be the same this year. That is GOOD because my girl will need some time to adjust to her new house/neighborhood/friends/etc before adjusting again to regular school! The first week is half-days for assessments and then they go to a full day schedule.
So that's all we've got right now. We're going to pick up Auntie K in about an hour for dinner. Can't wait! The 'bebs' as she calls them, haven't seen her since Christmas!

No comments: