Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stinking it Up

I put up four posts today, including this one! Yay =)
Okay, and y'all. Normally doing stuff like this is a breeze and I'm glad that I was gifted with a sense of humor....and also that when I get stuff wrong I do it in such a spectacular way. It's never just sort of wrong, or a almost right, it's either great or a complete disaster. Yesterday and this morning were all about the c.d. Haha
***
If you live in my neighborhood and it is your birthday, THIS is what you were supposed to see instead of regular old cream cheese icing and carrot cupcakes. But I just could NOT figure it out. I'm so sorry...the funny sheep birthday card doesn't make a lot of sense w/o the cupcakes...but it's still dorky enough to be fun. Anyway - aren't these cupcakes the most hilarious thing you have ever seen? Oh my word! I love them!....I cannot make them, but I love them! =)

Oh yeah! Okay and last night I decided that I would try and MAKE the big marshmallows that make up the sheep's bodies. It was not a success! Haha...such a catstrophe. It was fun to try and I'll have to do it again, but next time I'll use a candy thermometer so I don't end up overcooking the sugar. When I added my too-hot sugar mixture to the water and gelatin in the mixer, all the sugar immediately crystalized into hard candy globs that I had to keep picking out of the marshmallow-y goop...which meant that at the end of everything I had WAY more gelatin than I needed for whatever sugar was left, the result of which was a marshmallow-like substance...except it bounces. It's so weird! And it took a whole night of soaking to clean that bowl. =)

The upside to all of this is that I found a super awesome website for kids' crafts. It's called Looledo and I'm officially a BIG GIANT fan of it. =)

No comments: