Saturday, March 22, 2008

Crescent City Classic...and then some

This is the finish-line area of the race. The course went from the French Quarter to City Park...which is a convenient 6.2 miles away...and it was a beautiful morning. Do you see the guy in the blue plaid shirt?
He was SO GREAT!
He said he didn't know any of the runners, but he comes to this race every year. He cheered for each runner by number while they were coming in one at a time, and then he'd cheer on anyone who looked like they needed a little encouragement. =)
These are the spectators standing in the middle of the road BEFORE the announcement to get the heck back on the sidewalk so the runners could actually get through.
And these are the people in the middle of the road AFTER the announcement to get the heck back on the sidewalk. Do not be fooled by the cones- the race folks added three. That dude in the blue jacked moved maybe six inches. It's okay, though, Paul almost took him out with the jogger as he passed!
That is a tomato.
Woohoo! Paul and Carly running race "super fast like Herbie the Car!" Carly was just so excited to be there - can you tell? =)
Sweet babyface upside-down. She was such a good girl.
The back of Paul's sweaty t-shirt.
Heading back to the car - City Park is really beautiful. We're going to have to get down there again soon!
These next few are for Paul's mom. This is his office!
Can you see him back there hard at work?
This is about 2.5 seconds after we got kicked out of the office and banished to the conference room while he called all his recruiters to get all the numbers.
On our way to the conference room. He's so cute at work! =)
Here is what we thought about hanging out in a boring conference room watching Ella Enchanted for an hour. Do you love Carly's outfit? I do - Daddy got her dressed, so it was pink, pink, pink, head to toe. Nevermind that it doesn't match, it's sweet!
Can you read this? I thought it was funny. Old-school moto poster.
It's TIME TO GO! Carly was telling me that she was SO BACITED!
This is the Commandant of the Marine Corps...with a reflection of me and my largeness.
Running girl. She liked how her voice echoed in the hallway.
Come on, Dad! LET'S GO!
When we got to Nacho Mama's on Magazine street. This photo makes me think two things: 1) I really ned to wash my car and 2) Maybe, just maybe, parking in front of a sign like this isn't the greatest idea. Of course we didn't get towed, but still.
Carly ate her quesadillas with about half a cup of ketchup.
I love her sparkly eyes here.
And trying to make the silly orange smiley face like Daddy! What a fun day!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOO want a T-shirt like that! I'm thinking it doesn't come in my size. Or does it? Oh, but I want it minus the sweat.

Congratulations to Paul and Carly for finishing the race in good form.

Jennifer-Lynn said...

I used to have a friend who worked at Nacho Mama's (he doesn't live in NOLA anymore, though). Can't speak for now, but I used to love their margaritas. Go back when you can try 'em.

I used to live right down the block from City Park, on Moss St. My place was right on Bayou St. John, which is where I put my dog's ashes. I used to rent out my parking space for JazzFest, since I didn't have a car. The structure is gone, but fond memories remain...