Sunday, December 31, 2006

Chinatown

Daniel in this cute Chinese bakery and pastry shop. I was too busy taking pictures to buy anything, so my dad picked out candied squash and hibiscus root. It was...different.
I love farmers' markets! And I definitely come by it honestly...here's my dad again picking out the weirdest thing he can find. We ended up with some fantastic guava and passion fruit and something called egg fruit which was not as yummy. The displays were all like this - colorful and interesting until....
....I rounded a corner and came face to face (literally) with Porky!
After I recovered from that (and the pig stomachs and intestines on the inside of the case), we went outside and found this example of stellar translation. It's a lot better than I could ever do trying to translate into Japanese, though!
Trying to get Carly back in the car takes a lot of work when Mommy can't seem to put the camera down for three seconds.

No comments: