Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Fling!

You know what I didn't know until last week? There is a reason our PTO has a fundraiser every ten minutes...North Carolina has had to impose some pretty draconian budget practices on their public schools, so funding PE equipment, playground equipment, musical instruments, art class supplies, computers, anything above the very limited allowance for the library, etc., has fallen to the PTO. Wow, right?

So we decided to go out to the Spring Fling (um, we would have gone anyway) to get in some more bouncy house time just in case yesterday wasn't enough for the week.

Within the first ten minutes, I was very grateful we'd just bitten the bullet and got the armbands. The girls saw the GIANT slide and went on it about six times in a row. Do you think Bree is excited?
Our little daredevil flying down the two-story slide. She LOVED it.
Another one of my series of pictures featuring the back of my family - it looks like someone stretched the photo upward, doesn't it? They're all so tall and skinny. =)
So, okay, I waited in line for forty-five minutes for this stinking butterfly. This is while Bree played on the playground (or jumped around the Crayon-themed bounce house thing) and Carly ran from one end of the field to the other with her friends. I don't think either one of them stopped moving except for the five minutes Bree sat to get this work of art painted on her face.

Paul and I got a sitter and went to dinner at the local Italian place...and now I'm facing a problem. Paul was up at 3:30am to go to a run with his entire division (literally, no kidding, over 10k Marines) and had a really busy day during which he probably stopped moving, oh, never, until he sat down here with me and he is now asleep on my shoulder. And I'm 37 weeks pregnant and it's been ten minutes since the last time I went to the bathroom which means I have to go to the bathroom...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like yall are having a ton of fun!
:)

Our Family of Four said...

LOL Liz - when you gotta go you gotta go! LOVE the butterfly face.