Sunday, October 16, 2011

Female with House Decorating Budget Seeks Craft Store That Carries Stuff I Want

Every now and again, I need to shop. Psh, Liz, you say, "shopping is not a NEED, it's a WANT. And what did you buy anyway? Did you need that stuff?"

Answer: Yup. It's because I live in the middle of nowhere.

During the summertime, I live in Vacation Paradise, where the beach is an easy bike ride away, the traffic really isn't that bad and that beach breeze keeps things groovy. Where live bands play every week on an outside patio at three or four different bars, everyone is r-e-l-a-x-e-d and it's pretty much awesome, with all the conveniences of home because we, you know, LIVE here.

The rest of the year? It's only been a couple of months, but I'm getting claustrophobic.

Enter Pinterest! YAY!!! I was so super ridiculously excited to see all those PROJECTS! The jars with cool labels! The sweet sayings for the walls! The awesome wreaths, and framed calendars, and shelving ideas, and the upcycling ideas galore! All there for the making! All I needed was one big awesome frame, some carboard letters and whatever that compound is you use to make your own mercury glass and I'd be SET.

Um, except the part where I live here and all of those things exist Somewhere Else. I'm not giving up, I'm just looking for a day that I can get to Wilmington or Raleigh where people have cool stuff for me to turn into other cool stuff that will eventually end up right back at Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Not that the lack of Stuff I'm Looking For stopped us from hitting up Marshall's (exactly like Ross but with a better bath and body section and freaking AMAZING shoes), Ross (meh), the home decorating store, Target (angels singing) and Barnes and Noble all before we went to the jumpy place for a battalion event.

The girls were great, and although they don't know it, their prize was books. We found a great one about Sarah Hale (google it) and my favorite part of the whole day was when Carly read the repeated line about how Sarah Hale was "bold and brave and stubborn and smart" and Carly goes "hey that's just like me!" Hahaha, SO true. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I played Sarah Hale in my first grade thanksgiving play. I totally know who she is without google!