Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oh YAY!

We are having photos made TOMORROW!!!! I am beyond excited. Here's a link to the photographer - so gorgeous right? - I c.a.n.n.o.t. wait. Finding the outfits for us to wear has been an adventure! I'm still not 100% settled on that, but it's not so easy when I wanted to maybe NOT do white shirts and jeans like every other family portrait session since the dawn of time (or maybe the invention of cameras...and jeans...). Anyway, whatever happens, the Halloween costume section is going to be amazing. My children are superheroes - pink ones - LOVE. =)

Okay, moving on. Since I will be thinking about (stressing out over) our wardrobe for our photo shoot tomorrow, here's the fill-ins for Friday! Who knows if anyone actually checks my link, but just in case...

1) Are you a night owl or an early bird?
I have noticed SUCH an enormous difference in my day when I'm up ridiculously early at the gym. I start off with a peaceful and productive day - which is way preferably to the chaos and rushing we had before. So, early it is! Yay!

2) What makes you jealous?
Just shallow stuff, like Tory Burch flats, fancy kid clothes, big houses with expensive furniture, etc, nothing really important. Well, except education. I really envy people who can just send their kids to THE BEST schools, not just "the best we can afford." Ugh! I hate settling. So there's that. =)

3) Have you started Christmas shopping yet? When will you finish?
Yes!!! The girls' stuff* is being delivered all throughout this week - Santa was extra efficient this year. Everyone else is getting picures - because I just KNOW that's what you want, and our two siblings who are about to graduate from college are getting David Bachman books. I did have this moment where I was going to order custom screen printed floursack towels on Etsy but my husband kindly reminded me that I'm the only person in the family (and maybe the world) who would get really excited about that. Whatever! I thought they were awesome.

4) What would you have a personal chef make you tonight?
I would get Emeril and he would make us some seafood gumbo with a big scoop of potato salad in each bowl (don't knock it till you try it - so amazing) with fried green tomatoes for an appetizer and French Quarter style bread pudding for dessert. Can you tell I miss the bayou? Or at least the FOOD? =)

5) Where was your first kiss?
It was in Waco - Paul had come down to visit and as I was going to bed, Paul (who had to sleep on the floor because we had no couches long enough for him, poor guy) knocked on my door to tell me that he wouldn't be able to sleep w/o a goodnight kiss. Totally adorable. =)

*Since they've been soooo good this year, Santa is bringing the girls a puppet theater, Wedgits, Magna Tiles, a "green" tea set with a cool kit to 'make your own felt sweets,' a couple of books with big pictures of art, robes and slippers. The elf is bringing Littlest Pet Shop friends and Santa has Barbie movies and lip gloss for their stockings. The words should have links attached... I hope they came through okay! =) NOW, to see if Mommy can go another 63 days without finding anything else!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting pictures taken how awesome I decided the other day that we are going to start getting a family picture taken EVERY year from now on :)

when we do family pictures i like to get a boy a cute hat and then all wear clothes that go with hat. Just an idea!

She has some great ideas too... http://www.juliewaltonshaver.com/blog/2007/09/19/virtual-shopper-an-autumn-family-wardrobe/

Our Family of Four said...

You know I would LOVE to be an early bird but it is so just.not.in.me. And fyi Mike read your blog, I left the page open, and saw a post about going to the gym and being home by 6 a.m. and said, "See Liz does it why can't you?" So thanks!

Athena said...

Your food answer made me hungry! Two weeks till I get to eat at Emerils - I can't wait. Oh, I get to see my Solder too ;0)
Happy Friday!