Wednesday, September 22, 2010

15 months ago!!!

So this is what I was able to get off of my memory card. Photos from the family reunion, um, a LONG time ago. But aren't these little peanuts the sweetest with their Auntie K? I can't believe they were ever that small....and I know I'll be saying the same thing next year and the next. Sugar bugs!
Here they are again! Bree,eating, Carly smiling. =)
I do not KNOW what is going ON with these cameras. The one guy is so confused at the camera store and then this other one - I plug it in and computer is all "I don't recognize this USB." Oh my WORD it is so totally frustrating. Bree was so adorable at the zoo today. She was thrilled to be able to just walk around at her own pace and look at stuff and ask questions without me being distracted by a hundred things or trying to get her to hurry up so Carly doesn't get too bored. It was awesome. We spent twenty minutes watching the baby gorilla play with a piece of grass while Bree gave him directions on how to do it the right way. =)

It did take us a couple of hours to get there because of traffic in the city, but once we were there it was just so fun. The weather was nice and it wasn't very crowded. Then this afternoon we had a photo shoot for my friend Mandy's pillowcase dress business. All the girls in the neighborhood came out and they were so precious! The dresses are SO DARN CUTE and I especially love them on the older girls with jeans. My chickies apparently were STARVING because they each ate a couple of the bacon-wrapped chicken thighs that Paul grilled up for us, and then they had a couple of slices of grilled tomatoes and eggplant and a bowl of berries each. You would never know that it was a caveman-friendly dinner unless you thought about it and since it was so full of so many yummy fats the girls zonked right out, and hard. Paul too. =)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Does your camera use a memory card? Have you tried to use a card reader for picture transfer? I never connect my camera to the computer. I always pop the card out and use a card reader. Unfortunately I some pictures on the camera's internal memory that have never been taken off it, maybe I should think about doing that....

Our Family of Four said...

Okay so I just finished reading Dr. Joel Furhmans "Eat for Health" and it was fantastic! Your caveman diet comment made me think of it. I bought the book on amazon if you are interested. He made a good point about eating meat and chicken in that the cavemen weren't that great of hunters and therefor did not consume meat everyday. Just some food for thought. Ha ha I'm so funny! So his diet is caveman like but with less meat/poultry focus and tons more fruits and veggies. Still no salt and that makes me sad. Oh but legumes are ok. Trading one protein for another I suppose.

Oh and I totally have failed you! How did you get to the zoo? I can pass on better directions that go around the traffic and therefore save tons of time. Okay tomorrow I will work on that list for you - promise! Glad you had fun though. Nice to be a one child mommy every now and then.

Morgan said...

Have you tried buying a USB card reader? You just plug the card reader into the USB port then slide the card into it. No camera-computer connection needed.

Just a thought...