Monday, November 16, 2009

Fun Times

So my friend Katherine had a baby today...she had a scheduled c-section which was super convenient for the rest of us! They didn't find out the gender of the baby, so when she was coming out of the operating room and we were all coming in to greet them, she waited until we were all gathered around and she said, "This is Reece Patrick!" It was the sweetest thing! Little Reece is so cute and perfectly healthy...I never knew how FUN it would be to wait at the hospital for a new baby to be born. We haven't ever been in a place where there were people to wait for us when our babies were born, so this was a new thing for me. Even if it happened all the time, though, I think it would still feel like an honor that out of all the millions of people this little guy will meet in his life, those of us waiting got to be among the very first.
***
After Bree and I left the hospital we went to get Carly and then went to the mall to meet Addison and Harper after not having seen them in far too long. Carly touched and smelled every single product in the Lush store (great all natural bath and body stuff) while we were putting together a gift and then we went to play and then to dinner. The big girls were super duper excited when Bubbles the clown arrived to paint faces! At first Carly wanted to be a vampire. I know. Stop laughing.

These were taken with Jenny's iPhone because I still haven't gotten back in the habit of always having my camera with me. I'm getting better though! =)

1 comment:

Steph said...

the clown did a great job on the girl's faces!!! so super fun!

you have been a BUSY lady lately...so glad to see you are enjoying so much of your time in LA!!! :)