Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why I Love Having Girls

THESE girls, in particular!
***
Of course Bree has a matching set of these pajamas. Carly has already decided they are going to take turns 'being the pink one.'
Putting her new dress to the twirl test! I went to seven different stores yesterday looking for fall items with short sleeves and this is the only thing I found for Carly. It came with leggings and has lots of room up top for a turtleneck if the weather ever does decide to maybe not be 90 degrees. Haha! Carly loooves trying on her new clothes! (And, in case you were wondering, this hallway is pretty much always a mess if the girls are awake. I clean it up all day long, but it is what it is.)
Bree is learning fast! She was so excited to pull out her little set. This girl is SO funny when we're shopping. Lately, she likes to hold everything. Like, when we were in Carter's I had her in the stroller and she started yelling and pointing until I started stacking things on her little tray. Then she just pats the clothes and nods. We are going to have so much fun as she gets older!
I know it's long-sleeved, but I could not leave these polka dot pants and panda t-shirt at the store. The silver tutu also had to come home with us. Bree found it first thing this morning and is actually wearing it right now - she loves it so much! It's very soft...and they have it in pink, so we might have to go back. Carly wore this outfit all day yesterday even though it was so hot outside...we really had a great afternoon. So fun!
And finally, Carly's denim skirt and the boots that she refers to as "stinking cute." I was telling the girls yesterday - over the 80's cable music channel we had blasting from the living room - that when I was a little girl I used to think about when I'd grow up and get married and have my own girls, and how lucky am I that the kind of girls I have are exactly the kind of girls I hoped for. Even down to the smallest thing...like how Carly was doing her "cowgirl dance" with her new boots. I love it!
I have no idea.

4 comments:

Steph said...

this whole post makes me smile!!! I love it all!!! :)

Our Family of Four said...

I bought the EXACT same dress for Maggie, Osh Kosh right?! So cute. I got her the pink and gray plaid one too. They look great with long sleeve t's under them too.

ADB said...

awww...i love this post! you are such a GREAT mom and that's why you have such GREAT girls!!! hope to be a COOL mom like you someday :)

McCoyFamily said...

I miss carly "to stinkin cute" she cracks me up:) Your so lucky you have such beautiful girls!!!