Friday, September 18, 2009

Strange Things

Every few minutes my refrigerator groans like it's in mortal pain. That can't be good.

Also, Paul is setting up for tomorrow's festivities and should have been home an hour and a half ago. He went earlier today and set up the Marines.com pop-up tent in the money spot by the stadium...and then he went back to work at his office...I'm very cautiously optimistic about whether people will leave unattended tailgating gear where it is since it has a HUGE EGA on the top.

And also, also, there is a police car parked on my corner. Like, my house is on a corner and they are in the weeds...I mean...the yard. Haha. When we got back from Carly's soccer practice (hold on) I went over there and asked them if there was something I should know about and they just looked at me like I was crazy and sort of annoying, said no, and went about eating their Hot Fries. Last time I checked, they're still out there just hanging out in their car, snacking and watching this empty house on my street. Maybe they got a case discount at the gas station or something.

Finally, Carly's soccer practice went well. She did an awesome job following directions and kept trying to do the drills even when it was challenging. We only had a tiny problem at the end when she was really offended that there were no snacks. Luckily, she was able to make it off the field on her own two stompy little feet instead of having to be carried like a couple of the other little munchkins. It is really weird for me to see her be on of the older kids (it's a 3-4 team), but she seemed to do okay.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Is your freezer stuffed to the brim? That's likely the cause of your fridge groaning... =)