Monday, August 10, 2009

Hi! =)

My name is Bree and today I am ONE YEAR OLD!!! I know, right? I can hardly believe it myself. I have been really, really busy this year, so I thought I'd walk you through just a few of my adventures.
***
First, here is a picture of me the morning before I was born. I was just hanging out in Mommy's tummy, nice and warm, and to be honest, I really wasn't in that much of a hurry to get out of there...but that is only because I was just a baby and I didn't know how awesome it is on the outside! There is FOOD first of all, and that is really cool. Then there are TONS of people who love me, and that is really cool. Then we have adventures like ALL the time because my mom can't sit still...man, if I knew then what I know now.
Here is me the day Mommy and Daddy brought me home from the hospital. So tiny and cute.
In September, I enjoyed my first tailgating experience at an LSU football game. It was pretty *yawn* grrrreat!
In October, my mom put me in this scratchy chickie suit and kept saying how adorable I looked.
November was my first Thanksgiving - I got to meet my Auntie Sarah and a bunch of other relatives. That was pretty neat, except there was so much going on I couldn't fall asleep, and I was super duper cranky. What? You'd be cranky too if you were tired and people wouldn't stop being interesting for long enough to let you sleep!
In December, I enjoyed my first Christmas.
...and also...FOOD. Oh my WORD, it's even better on a spoon. I was really, really excited about rice cereal (as you can see!). Little did I know at the time how much awesome and yummy other food is out there!
In January I met some friends. This is Avery and Camryn...they were at my birthday party today and we all look so much different!
I celebrated Mardi Gras in February. This is one of my sister Carly's teachers from school who held onto me so my mom could take photos. Mardi Gras is a really big deal here in Lousiana...I think the shiny beads are pretty neat!
In March I met Beeda and I really love her. She called me today - Mommy told me. Isn't that sweet?
In April I got to meet Miss Kalyn and I really love HER, too!
In May I got to go to the beach. My sister Carly tells me all the time that when she was my age SHE got to go to the beach like every other day, but I don't believe her since the beach is HOURS away. Anyway, I like sand, but trust me on this - it is not good to eat.
In June, I got to really see the zoo for the first time. I liked the elephants until they started making loud noises, and the giraffes made me laugh. It was SO hot, though! Seriously! The slides at the playground burned my hands and I was unhappy.
July was super-dupe busy. I went to Portland and got Mr. Beeps who is pretty much my favorite toy in the world. If you don't have a Mr. Beeps to snuggle, you should get one.
I also got to meet the Flynns. They are so much fun and Miss Michelle taught me how to play a fun game in the mall. I really love them and I'm excited that we'll get to live near them when we leave here - at least that's what my mom says. My mom keeps telling me how special it is that I've had the same house this entire year, since Carly lived in four different houses her first year PLUS Daddy had to do this thing called 'long work.' For now, I'm enjoying my one house and seeing Daddy all the time.
Oh yeah! And ALSO in July ( I told you it was busy! ) I met my Great Grandad and Great Grandma Louise in Tennessee. I love them, TOO! Who knew there were so many wonderful people in the world? It seems like everyone I meet is awesome...I'm pretty much the luckiest baby in the world.

So now it's August and I've had my birthday party and opened my presents. I can sit, sleep through the night, crawl, pull-up, cruise, sing, dance to the beat, 'read' books, roll a ball, clap, tap things together, built a tower of soft blocks, wave hello and bye (when I feel like it), drink from a cup, eat a lot of stuff by myself, take off my socks and shoes, brush my hair, put things in and out of baskets and give big hugs. I'm excited about learning to do all of the things my sister can do and having LOTS of adventures. =)

3 comments:

Steph said...

OMG - she is one stinkin' cute little girl that just gets cuter and cuter with time!!!

Our Family of Four said...

I have to say that Bree is one of those kids who really doesn't look like her newborn photo. Don't know if it's the dark hair or the chunky cheeks but I have to look REALLY hard to see Bree in there. She sure is a beauty though!

Amanda said...

That's such an adorable post! I'll have to steal the idea in January. :)